Francis O'Neill Irish Arts Week
KIDS DAY CAMP PERFORMANCE ENSEMBLE (13-17 YEARS OLD)
The Performance Ensemble was conceived and developed by FONIAW teachers that have years of experience performing Irish music, dance and song around the world in groundbreaking Irish bands including the Drovers, Comas, Bohola, Notify and Ensemble Galilei. These musicians have years of teaching performance groups in both Ireland and the U.S. and preparing students to compete in award-winning Grúpaí Ceoil (mixed musical ensembles) and Céilí Bands including bringing those bands to compete in Ireland at many Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann.
The Performance Ensemble will spend the week having fun working on Irish dance tunes and songs for performance. The Troupe will learn about ensemble playing and arranging while working on layering, dynamics, creating intros, bridges, and endings.
- The Performance Ensemble will perform at the recital on August 10. Additional performance opportunities may be available as well!
- Full-Day Program from 9am-3pm Monday-Thursday (Half-Day Friday, August 10)
- Family recital August 10 at 7pm - everyone is welcome!
- Participants in the Performance Ensemble must have significant experience with their chosen instrument. We will accept beginning students in this age group who will be open and commit to participating through learning tin whistle, singing, lilting, and/or Sean-nós dancing.
- All students must be open to learning new instruments and techniques and be willing to perform as part of a group.
- Performance Ensemble members will have at least 2 hours of music instruction plus singing, lilting and dancing every day.
- Performance Ensemble music instruction will include a daily special performance rehearsal where they will work collaboratively with FONIAW faculty towards a performance for younger campers and eventually friends and family. This role has the added benefit of being inspiration to younger campers!
- Students younger than 13 may join the Performance Ensemble on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us to discuss this possibility.
- $399 for 5 days of camp.
- 10% discount applies to additional children from same immediate family ($359.10) and will be automatically applied in registration process.